About: Core Concept Technology is currently seeking Network Engineers to join our Delivery team. The Network Engineer, as part of a team, will be responsible for providing technical ownership on our Professional Services engagements. This position will be based in Denver, Colorado. However, the selected candidate can reside anywhere in the US, as the engagements will vary in location across the United States.
Overview: The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure that Core Concept / Industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment and operations of LAN / WAN networks. Provide technical guidance and leadership to engineering team and ensure project timelines are being met.
- Design and deploy Datacenter networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco hardware to include: Cisco enterprise level L3 switching and Nexus 7K/5K/2K platforms
- Design and deploy managed LANs, WANs, including routers, switches, firewalls and other hardware.
- Create Low Level and High Level design documents in accordance with customer requirements.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 1 - 3 years equivalent network engineering experience.
- Certifications including CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S and/or Storage Preferred.
- Experience logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is preferred.
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay and MPLS).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio is required
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
Eligibility to Work in the US: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.